Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lifes Joys:)

Well this is my first Blog.  I honestly did not know how to feel about this blogging thing because I thought it would take to much time and that it would just be difficult but nah I can do this.  All I can say is wow what an awesome God we have.  I just finished my first year at Emmaus Bible College and it was a blessing to be part of.  I really got to know so many great people and really grow in my relationship with Christ.  There was plenty of up and downs but I am thankful for all those moments cause it was life lesson learned. 



     To kick off the summer I got a chance to go to His Mansion in New Hampshire and let me tell you it was crazy and just an amazing experience I would recommend anyone to try out.  First week there we just served and helped around the Land.  For me I have never served like this before.  The first day I worked on raking rocks and chasing chickens... Well actually I didn't touch the chickens I tried and there to gross for me to handle.  The next few days I did after I just did alot of gardening.  I didnt really know the girls I was going to other than there name so I was quite nervous.  Well I roomed with three of them and I got to really know them and I am completely blessed we became friends.   Twelve of us got the chance to come to this place and we became close friends so when it was time to leave probably the most hardest thig for me because we grew as brothers and sisters.  One day we took a trip to the great Old Boston Massachusetts and it was beautiful and gorgeous and it was a city.  We got to know alot about the Freedom trail with Paul Reverre.  We visited Fenway Park sorry for all you Baseball fans but I just found out what that was.  I ate yummy shrimp and squid :) and Loved it.  And one of the last things we did was go to China town where I tried a suprising drink called Bubble tea.  There was tapioca ball things at the bottom of this drink and it was a awkward stunning suprised when you got one in your mouth.  Dr. Tso was our tour man and Director of His Mansion and He ordered us a 10 couse meal at a real chinese restraunt.  I tried the chop sticks and well my american blood would not allow me to use them so I used my hands and fork.  It was so delicious and i tried amazing duck for the first time.  Friday the Emmaus group got to lead the Prayer and Share which it was so awesome to hear what the Lord was providing for the students there.  As I was on stage singing I couldn't help look out and notice the crowd before me and my heart wanted to just cry and hug everyone of those people there in that room.  I loved those people just like they loved me and what the Lord has been doing in there life also.... Little update on what His Mansion is.. Its like ONE BIG FAMILY COMMUNITY.  and a place for people with addictions an hurting to come and serve and heal.  Another day a few of us had the day off and went to Salem Massachusetts to see the Witch trial stuff.  It was pretty sweet and creepy im not into the whole which stuff but was pretty bummed out when the lady told me that witches didn't have green faces and didnt fly on brooms.  :)  The next week we had classes.  These classes were called Healing in the Context of Community.  Going in I was nervous and it was nerve racking.  we learned alot about issues and the enviorment of His Mansion but I found out alot more on what the Lord wanted me to do and know..  I think I faced every emotion within the class.  One of the class times we shared our testimonies.  I was so nervous because I was about to tell my story in detail and i have not done that but I prayed and the Lord really got me through it and at the end I had a huge smile on my face because I am Okay :) and I made it through the ugly... its like a saying Joyce Meyer's once used  "beauty in the Ashes"  I couldn't cry because I have cried it all already and I had no reason to cry because it's no longer in my hands. 
   Being at His Mansion I learned alot about myself That i am glad to have gotten to see.  Working and doing labor im not use to was a new thing for me because I really never had to do stuff like that so an opportunity like that was eye opening.  I saw resideents of His Mansion working and the smiles on there face and relationships being built encouraged me so much.  They also ate dinner at the table at the same time together as a FAMILY.   This was different for me because I'm not use to eating breakfast lunch and dinner with a family everyday where there is a Head and foot at the table.  I love being able to get to know what was going on in others lives.  My heart just grew deeply in Love with His mansion and I know one day I will return.  My love for those people really just wow and I gained so much peace from this expeirence.. When I had to leave tears fell from my face because I felt so safe and at Home... But I'm suppose to be somewhere else right now but one day I will be back to His Mansion to Help and to serve .... During this time I got to write few lyrics... So heres some ideas

My heart it aches
the scars share
a story I could never tell
Theres no hope for me
in these wounds I recieve.

where can I seek a hand to hold
a heart that could be as gold
I'm ready to let go.

it's close to time
when every bit will fall
the peices will be restored
in the arms of God.

The scars they say but the memories fade away
my hope is in the truth that is brought forth to me.

Eyes of Love

I knowheres hope in the midst
of darkness
I know my heart
can feel relief
I know I can do anything
but its the matter of believe

Why can't i feel the abundance flow
why is numbness
filling up this soul
I can't see the other side
I need the eyes of love

I'm caught in between a child and adult
to take the chance of Love or give it all up
I feel my ease to release but wants the hold on
Is this risk i'm willing to take..

There is eyes of Love
who is willing to see.
Where beauty is in the fall
and theres hope in it all.
The eyes of Love will show
me the meaning of life.
And see its all worth the fight
Hope you guys enjoy my first blog... I'm really excited and it'll be fun...
Peace and Blessings
Brittany Nicole :)

No comments:

Post a Comment