Friday, September 2, 2011

"who will love me for me?"

It's been a few months since I last posted one of these! But lets just say God's been good and gracious and I couldn't thank Him more for what He has provided me with.  To start off I would like to recommend another Singer.  JJ visited Emmaus Last Year and just wowed me with her unique voice.  It's very calm and so peaceful and her music is very acoustic which I love.  But her words have such meaning from life experiences and One of her well known songs Love Me has touched me greatly! Another Song that has stuck with me for awhile is a new one called Control that really explains who is in Control of your life, and What is controlling your life?  So i recommend taking a little sneak peak at her music!
     So recently I am back at school and been busy and this summer really struck me!  About appearance and getting ATTENTION from others and being accepted and loved.  I know there are many struggling people out there and from a girls perspective I know there are a lot who just want attention so they feel approved.  It seems by the looks of it now in today's culture it's becoming a negative subject for society.  I know from many girls they want to feel good so they dress nice, they work out, they do all they can to be fit, and where makeup so they can look even extra good.  Starting up at Emmaus again I knew that we would have to go over the dress code again and I realized those are really some good rules.  I understand from a Christian perspective why we can't where certain articles of clothing.  And I really respect it.  For me though i was nervous for the upcoming freshman who were about to suffer through the rules because I had a hard time with the rules also.  I know many girls are fashionable and want to be noticed through what they wear and to be expressed through clothes.  But I never really understood the whole concept of girls dressing for mens approval!  The way you flaunt yourself is really how guys will see you and think of your reputation.  And for me it really impacted me for I was never perfect and once again dealt with these situations.  I wanted to be noticed in a way that all eyes were on me and i knew i would get compliments.  But in some way I was never satisfied with the compliments for I wanted more. Guys do notice what you wear even if you don't think they do and if they don't give you a compliment but being yourself and wearing sweats is so okay! Dressing nice all the time is all cool and good if its what is comfortable to you but be careful how you show it if that makes sense :)  Fitting in the crowd is what everyone does at some point.  Your popular and you want to be cool like the rest so you follow in there footsteps where they accept you for being like them ?  From experience its not worth it? In society also the new trend is playing the victim and don't get me wrong there is so much pain and suffering out there that people are facing but its come to a point where many people lie about situations because they need attention and approval they have never felt before. There are many ways to try to get attention. After coming to know the Lord and really fully understanding what Acceptance means the truth is its nice to hear those compliments but there is a God who loves us for us..  With out the clothes and without fancying it up and working out God looks beneath that and sees our true real hearts! And really He Accepts us for us.  It didn't come easy to me to change my ways and realize all this but I know that the Lord will love me no matter what and no matter what I did in the past and I am who I am because I faced these situations and I realized the change that needed to be made.  I can for once feel confident not to wear makeup 24/7 I can wear sweatpants when neccessary and dress nice in a modest way where the Lord will approve!    We can draw as much attention as we want by trying to fit in the crowd trying to wear the most updated fashion and looking good but really if we dwell in all that we honestly will never be satisfied.  The only person who should satisfy us and really is Real and Love is God.  So I ask what is it about yourself you are never satisfied with and is it worth giving up and realizing God is all you need??  There is no greater Love than what comes from the Lord!  The Lord has just spoke to me recently on this and just reaching out to girls who are new in coming to find Him and it's been a huge eye opener to really see it through these girls what they go through to develop attention...
Blessings to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment