Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Old has gone the New has come

     2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here!"  This verse has been a theme verse for the last two and half years since I came across it.  Not only did the words speak to me but little did I know how much my life was going to change.




 So if you must know.... This is my family :) my family consists of a Dad named David, a mother named Kelli,  A brother named Dustin which comes with a bonus sister named Annie and their children Mikayla, Eli, and Bianca.  Next I have a sister/best friend Britni which comes with a nephew Hudson.  Than their is my brother Nick which comes with a bonus sister named Stephanie and their son Nolan.. Last but not least the two little twin hooligans Dawson and Jaxson.  How God orchestrated this relationship is unbelievable.  It was all part of His plan though.   
    So.  This is how it plays out.  So the year of 2011 their was so many events going on in my life.  Finding my identity, figuring out who I was.  Dealing with pain and brokeness from a haunting past.  Many trials were thrown at me but my relationships began to change and my heart began to change.  I began to realize the only one I could really trust in life was Jesus.
  So January of 2012 I was invited to go to a conference called Passion in Atlanta Georgia. I only knew 3 people that were going.  and there was a bus of 40 some college age students.  I will say I was really not interested in meeting new people.  At the time I was shy and just not sure about people.  So, this conference was literally over 42000 college students at the DOME... Can you say ginormous..  There was so many amazing speakers and singers and students on fire for the Lord.  It was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.  On the 2nd day there was a group that I had traveled with sitting on the ground and some couches during a break.  I remember just minding my own business when all of a sudden I heard a girl sharing her testimony and just having doubt about life.  I got up walked towards her offered to help her and that I understand where she comes from.  Little did I know that I would share my testimony with married couples, group leaders and students.  This became a new me.  I wasn't that open, I never came out of my comfort zone unless I knew someone for a long time. The conference ended and we headed our journey back on the bus to Iowa.  Everybody from that bus I became friends with and has had a huge impact in my life.  It's almost like we grew as a family.  Their was a lady on my bus who was talking about her church and at the time I was just looking for a solid church and she introduced me to Hope!  I grew in a relationship with this lady and began attending this church.  
   March of 2012 came around and I was asked to go to this Christian Retreat weekend.  The lady who told me about Hope kept pushing me and saying I needed to go.  I hesitated and I once again knew I was going to have to make new friends.  And on top of that I really didn't know anyone who was going.  So after being beatin up inside by a friend who pushed me to go to I finally gave in.  And once again God decided to intervene.  I sat at a table of about 8 women and I only knew a girl who was around my age.  I was quite, I was unsure, I was feeling weird.  I remember looking at my table at the women thinking O my gosh their all older than me I wonder what they think of me.  Than I remember looking at this blonde hair women, who just gave me goosebumps everytime I looked at her.  I was unsure but I knew this lady was going to impact my life.  I began to open up to these women about who I was and my life and where God had me now.  Than it happened... the 2nd to last night this lady who gave me goosebumps got up and spoke.  My heart was beating out of my chest, and I couldn't help but just want to talk to her and be open with her.  
  So life went on and I just felt like this women needed to be in my life.  We developed a close relationship and i began to come to her house to work on our Project called Reclaimed 5:17 making old things into new :) .. It was than I wasn't sure where I was going to live and wanted to live than God opened a door.  A door that changed my life.  They took me under their wing, and I became close with her twin boys and her older children.  Growing up I never knew what a healthy normal family was.  I never knew what it was like for a family to be involved in each others life, and I never had older siblings.  Months and months went by and i grew in this close relationship with this family.  I still held onto old patterns, and things from the past, and I can say it wasn't easy but God :) has and is still working.  Healing in a way where I'm letting go of old patterns and letting new awesome healthy patterns in.  Letting go of what was and letting in new life.  Through my pain and struggling I had two parents who have loved me and has stood by my side helping me and encouraging me.  I have siblings who love and support who talk to me and they all want to be involved in my life.  And my younger siblings have put this huge place in my heart to realize how you act and what you do in front of them, they are watching, and how important it is to be an example.  Realize how you act impacts those around's you.   I have lived with many of families and never understood why no one wanted to keep me but it led up to this family.  He had a plan and this was my new family.  We have our ups we have our downs we have our moments but you know Jesus has been involved in our lives from the beginning of time.  
   My heart had healed.  It's almost like God placed His hand on my heart and said trust me with this one.  This is to experience what family is.  And to realize He has been with me through it all and hasn't left my side yet.  He designed everything to reveal Himself to me.    And how could I doubt a magnificent Creator.  This family hasn't changed my life Jesus has and has used this family to teach me new things and to heal. My past doesn't change but how I view it and how I act upon it can change.  Psalm 147:3 "He heals the broken hearted and binds their wounds."  He is and still is.  God revealed is You don't belong to anybody here on earth not even your biological family, like my sister B1 has said "Family structure is no longer defined by blood, but by doing God’s will". You belong in HIM My bioligical name was Brittany Nicole Jackson on August 20, 2013 the old was gone and the new came I became part of a family and I guess they're not going anywhere... O and with the new coming in my name became Brittany Nicole Naylor.  I became a daughter, a sister, a bonus sister, an aunt, a niece, a granddaughter a friend... And my story isn't finished yet :) 

Their is hope for you and me ... Let God write your story! Let Him take your baggage, I promise you it is not to much for Him to carry.  Believe He has a Plan and purpose.  You come from a terrible life, and you feel like yours is far more worst than others.. I've been there done that and Thats a LIE!! He can make you into a new Creation, forgive you for your sins, and wipe your slate clean.  He can give you new life, Their is hope not in people, objects but in Christ.  You feel their is so much pain and scars from your past.  Their all part of a testimony.. Your scars are wounds that have been healed.   He heals ALL brokenhearted people.  

Many Blessings,
Brittany Nicole Naylor

P.S. Love you Dad-David Mom- Kelli for sharing your name 

No comments:

Post a Comment